Forced loading the mobile version of the site

Uladzimir Yankovich

Feb 6, 2023, 4:59:46 PM2/6/23
to Chromium Extensions
Colleagues, I play with the substitution of the headings and I can’t tell the server in any way that I want to get a mobile version of the site. For example for https://www.deepl.com/translator

The substitution of the user agent  does not help.

Does anyone know exactly how Chrome itself requests mobile versions and can I reproduce this with substitution of the headings?

Stefan Van Damme

Feb 7, 2023, 5:22:04 AM2/7/23
to Chromium Extensions, yank...@manganum.app
Hi Yankovich,

Did you this user agent? That should show the mobile website:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/604.1.38 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15A372 Safari/604.1

Thanks,

Uladzimir Yankovich

Feb 7, 2023, 5:01:38 PM2/7/23
to Stefan Van Damme, Chromium Extensions
Hey, Stefan 👋

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I do not have enough technical knowledge to test your solution.

Tell me, I understand correctly that with it you managed to force the mobile version https://www.deepl.com/translator?

If you do not make it difficult, you could share with me an example of code.

--
Uladzimir Yankovich,
Founder @ Manganum (manganum.app).