Firestore Requests in Chrome Extension not Working – Need Help

Bousmaha Mohammed Amine

Jun 24, 2024, 4:49:43 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing a Chrome extension with an associated dashboard, both utilizing Firebase for authentication and Firestore for data storage. I've run into an issue where Firestore data requests from the extension work perfectly on the dashboard, but fail when attempted from other websites.

Notes

  • Users log in on the dashboard.
  • The extension automatically logs in using signInWithCustomToken, and the token is stored in cookies.
  • Firestore rules are set to allow access only to authenticated users.
  • Authentication: I've confirmed that the user is correctly authenticated on other pages by logging the user ID via console.log, which shows the correct user ID.
  • Firestore requests on other websites return the following error:
    root.js:10184 Error adding document:  FirebaseError: Missing or insufficient permissions.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 7:28:59 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Bousmaha Mohammed Amine, Chromium Extensions
Hello Bousmaha

That is a Firebase error. The firestore/google cloud permissions are not setup correctly.

patrick