Is available Native Messaging on M1 ?

하동구

Aug 1, 2022, 12:45:09 AM8/1/22
to Chromium Extensions
I develop native messaging use extension, in intell mac.

but I test in m1 Mac is failed.

somebody know something m1 error?

Павел Каменов

Aug 1, 2022, 5:38:46 AM8/1/22
to Chromium Extensions, gkeh...@netand.co.kr
I've got extension, native messaging and M1 mac, but I have no problems with it. May be you could give more information about your problem?

понедельник, 1 августа 2022 г. в 07:45:09 UTC+3, gkeh...@netand.co.kr:

하동구

Aug 1, 2022, 6:09:27 AM8/1/22
to Chromium Extensions, termo...@gmail.com, 하동구
I found reference to this, https://github.com/GoogleChrome/chrome-extensions-samples/tree/main/mv2-archive/api/nativeMessaging

I tried migration MV2 -> MV3 and python version 2 -> 3

I succeeded in two macs and two windows.

I failed two m1 macs, It show on Native host has exited.

2022년 8월 1일 월요일 오후 6시 38분 46초 UTC+9에 termo...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Павел Каменов

Aug 1, 2022, 1:50:56 PM8/1/22
to Chromium Extensions, gkeh...@netand.co.kr, Павел Каменов
I think the problem in using of python, but I don't know how to solve it, sorry.

понедельник, 1 августа 2022 г. в 13:09:27 UTC+3, gkeh...@netand.co.kr:

하동구

Aug 4, 2022, 5:49:28 AM8/4/22
to Chromium Extensions, termo...@gmail.com, 하동구
can you show me your project?

if you can't, I want your host program spec

thanks
2022년 8월 2일 화요일 오전 2시 50분 56초 UTC+9에 termo...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Simeon Vincent

Aug 5, 2022, 12:59:52 AM8/5/22
to 하동구, Chromium Extensions, termo...@gmail.com
I've been thinking about updating the mv2-archive/api/nativeMessaging demo for Manifest V3, but unfortunately it looks like porting it to Python 3 may require more Python skill than I currently have. It looks like there are a number of changes to the GUI library that the demo currently uses.

Maybe I should move the backend over to Node.js? I'm curious what folks on this mailing list think about that path.

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

Павел Каменов

Aug 5, 2022, 3:55:11 AM8/5/22
to Chromium Extensions, gkeh...@netand.co.kr, Павел Каменов
My project is under NDA. The host is a c++ binary and it's works well. I think that replacing ```#!/usr/local/env python``` ```#!/usr/local/bin/python2``` shohuld help, but I couldn't check now
четверг, 4 августа 2022 г. в 12:49:28 UTC+3, gkeh...@netand.co.kr:

Juraj M.

Aug 6, 2022, 2:40:17 PM8/6/22
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, termo...@gmail.com, gkeh...@netand.co.kr
Simeon, please do. I plan to build external app later this year and I'm pretty sure I won't be learning Python for that :).
So having "official" Node example would be a great help!

하동구

Aug 7, 2022, 9:33:07 PM8/7/22
to Chromium Extensions, juraj....@gmail.com, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, termo...@gmail.com, 하동구
Thanks for all comments