strange behavior with web apps

dberm22

Aug 20, 2010, 3:59:22 PM8/20/10
to Chromium-extensions
I've successfully added web apps to my canary build of google chrome,
but aside from the large icons, there is no difference between the
apps and the websites they link to. There is still an omni bar and the
tab background looks the same (not the short one that I see in all the
pictures). What's the deal??

Aaron Boodman

Aug 26, 2010, 2:42:49 AM8/26/10
to dberm22, Chromium-extensions

That is what they are supposed to look like. We are actually getting
rid of the big icons, so the result will just be a pinned tab, if
you're familiar with those.

You can also have your app launch in a small window with no toolbar by
specifying "container": "panel", along with "width" and "height" in
the "app.launch" subkey.

- a

Daniel Kantor

Aug 26, 2010, 10:28:21 AM8/26/10
to Aaron Boodman, dberm22, Chromium-extensions
Getting rid of the big icons? As in, when I open a new tab there won't be 128x128 icons showing all the webapps I have installed?

krtulmay

Aug 26, 2010, 2:30:04 PM8/26/10
to Chromium-extensions
No, the app icons on the tabstrip (at the top) previously had a bigger
or smaller version. The currently active webapp had a slightly bigger
icon.

It looks like all the tabstrip icons are the same size now.

On Aug 26, 7:28 am, Daniel Kantor <dan.kan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Getting rid of the big icons? As in, when I open a new tab there won't be
> 128x128 icons showing all the webapps I have installed?
>

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Aaron Boodman <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM, dberm22 <dber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've successfully added web apps to my canary build of google chrome,
> > > but aside from the large icons, there is no difference between the
> > > apps and the websites they link to. There is still an omni bar and the
> > > tab background looks the same (not the short one that I see in all the
> > > pictures). What's the deal??
>
> > That is what they are supposed to look like. We are actually getting
> > rid of the big icons, so the result will just be a pinned tab, if
> > you're familiar with those.
>
> > You can also have your app launch in a small window with no toolbar by
> > specifying "container": "panel", along with "width" and "height" in
> > the "app.launch" subkey.
>
> > - a
>
> > --
> > .

Daniel Kantor

Aug 26, 2010, 7:06:46 PM8/26/10
to krtulmay, Chromium-extensions
Ah, good!

Curious what you guys think of the small pinned tabs? If I pin Gmail, I lose the ability to see when I have new mail since there is no text. My extension sets the current song you are listening to but you lose that as well.

Stephen

Aug 27, 2010, 12:20:06 AM8/27/10
to Daniel Kantor, krtulmay, Chromium-extensions
I've wondered about this too!
--
Cheers,
Steve

PhistucK

Aug 28, 2010, 12:59:19 PM8/28/10
to Daniel Kantor, krtulmay, Chromium-extensions
Whenever there is a new message and the tab is not the active tab of that window, the pinned tab will glow.

☆PhistucK

Stephen

Aug 29, 2010, 7:31:38 AM8/29/10
to PhistucK, Daniel Kantor, krtulmay, Chromium-extensions
Must be pretty subtle or dependant on the theme? Maybe it could be made a little more obvious?

PhistucK

Aug 29, 2010, 9:17:40 AM8/29/10
to Stephen, Daniel Kantor, krtulmay, Chromium-extensions
I agree.

☆PhistucK