executeScript in MV3

Omar Khazamov

Jan 19, 2022, 6:03:09 PM1/19/22
to Chromium Extensions

I'm trying to use executeScript in MV3 without any success

// do some useful stuff
  let localStorageToken = await chrome.scripting.executeScript({
    target: { tabId: currentTab.id },func: () => { console.log('hey there!'); }
  });
//do other useful stuff

The execution flow simply gets stuck on chrome.scripting.executeScript.

chrome.tabs.executescript has been decommissioned starting chrome v92, so I can't use it.

How can i execute a script in a plugin on the latest chrome version? Am I missing some fundamental piece of information?

wOxxOm

Jan 20, 2022, 9:09:28 AM1/20/22
to Chromium Extensions, omar.k...@gmail.com
It may be a bug in Chrome. Please upload a complete extension and describe the actions necessary to reproduce the problem.