Can´t Uninstall chrome Extension, nothing seems to work

angel sanchez

Dec 19, 2015, 2:19:59 PM12/19/15
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
WARNING: BEFORE MARK THIS TOPIC AS DUPLICATED TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT FIRST------- :)

"Manga y Comics en Español", i don´t know where it came from but it is just IMPOSSIBLE to remove

i already followed Google Chrome Cleanup tool,= NOTHING
Kaspersky = ZERO
SuperAntySpyware = NADA
Malwarebytes Antimalware = Kaput
Spybot Search and Destroy = Ithem

Nothing seems to be able to remove this extension, i already also removed chrome several times and when i load it up, there is the extension again
I ACTUALLY Restore my LAP TWICE and Nothing, i really dont know what is going on but i´m really worried because i don´t know if this extension is stealling passwords, spying on my browsing or what, i think i will have to format my lap, any help will be VERY VERY apreciated.
Thanks

P.S. Please don´t mark this topic as duplicated as i already have done all the other things recommended in other topics and nothing seems to work.
Thanks Again

angel sanchez

Dec 19, 2015, 2:45:24 PM12/19/15
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

UPDATE: INTERESTING
I forgot to say that i even went to :"C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions"

and MANUALLY REMOVE the extension, now you look for it and it is GONE (because i remove it myself) but when i load up  google chrome the extension is THERE, so where is it loading the extension from? good question

ALSO, when i restore my lap as it came when i bought it, i noticed it was too slow, so i checked the RAM USAGE and it was in 3.8 GB (out of 4) been used, since there was NO OTHER software running, and not EVEN installed, except for the kaspersky antivirus, so why was the usage of the RAM memory so high if there were nothing running in the background? i think this extension has to be with it, and i suspect this other extension has to be with it:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clickclean/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod?hl=es
im NOT saying anything but only that i SUSPECT, maybe is nothing, but when i restore my lap and RE-install google chrome, it asked me to instal the clean extension and offer me i don´t know what i just clicked on AGREE, as when you get free software and it asks you to install something but you don't read carefully and then you get something like those malware like iminent. so i suspect  this was but i´m NOT sure YET...

Tom Lahey

Dec 19, 2015, 3:44:40 PM12/19/15
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Are, you logged into your Google account. Every time you use your computer it could be bringing data and more from the data in Google servers. Logout of all computers, go into Google sync and clear all data, try again and see if that works.

Tony BenBrahim

Dec 19, 2015, 4:31:52 PM12/19/15
to angel sanchez, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Assuming this is Windows, there are registry keys that force installation of Chrome extensions, typically used in a corporate environment. https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/188453?hl=en

Best way to find them, since location depends on 32/64 bit OS, etc.., is to go to the Extensions tab in Chrome to get the extension ID, then search the registry for that value, and remove the keys where it is found.