PSA: Join Chrome's built-in AI early preview program

Kenji Baheux

4:05 AM (7 hours ago) 4:05 AM
to Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, Sebastian Benz

Hi everyone,

As you may have heard, Chrome is integrating AI directly into the browser, and we'd like to invite you to be part of Chrome’s built-in AI early preview program to help shape the future of on-device AI in extensions, and the web.

Here's why you might want to join the program:

  • Explore: discover innovative AI use cases with Chrome's built-in Gemini Nano model. Your insights will help us prioritize the most impactful on-device AI capabilities.

  • Preview: be the first to know about, and experiment with upcoming AI APIs.

  • Influence: your feedback will directly shape the APIs, ensuring they best meet your needs and expectations.

If you’re interested, you can sign up here. Once you’ve signed up, you can check out our sample Chrome Extension to see the new built-in prompt API in action.

Looking forward to collaborating with you to enable practical use cases for on-device AI in your extensions! We’ve been working closely with the Extensions DevRel team on this and will be looking out for questions in the mailing list.

Cheers,

Kenji on behalf of the Built-in AI team in Chrome