BETA extension - can I use the same extension id?

Dror Elovits

Jun 27, 2024, 3:24:13 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to Chromium Extensions
Hello all,
Is it possible to publish a BETA version of the extension under the same extension id?

Oliver Dunk

Jun 27, 2024, 4:25:19 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to Dror Elovits, Chromium Extensions
Hi Dror,

Generally, no. A beta extension would usually be a separate listing on the store and each listing needs a unique ID.

I think you can achieve something similar by changing the visibility of your extension from public to trusted testers across releases, but I wouldn't recommend this. I imagine it could get quite hard to keep track of.

Is there a particular reason you're looking to do this? We might be able to suggest an alternative solution to the problem.

Thanks,
Oliver Dunk | DevRel, Chrome Extensions | https://developer.chrome.com/ | London, GB

On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 8:24 AM Dror Elovits <dror.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,
Is it possible to publish a BETA version of the extension under the same extension id?

Dror Elovits

Jun 27, 2024, 7:38:50 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to Chromium Extensions, Oliver Dunk, Chromium Extensions, Dror Elovits
Thank you