Re: Extension rejected with Violation ID Purple Potassium

Message has been deleted

Roberto Oneto

Apr 9, 2021, 3:36:50 AM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, xiji...@gmail.com
What is "Purple Potassium"?
A new Pokemon game?

Il giorno venerdì 9 aprile 2021 alle 04:06:02 UTC+2 xiji...@gmail.com ha scritto:
Hi, my extension dose use some  APIs and need  related  permissions, but it was rejected with flowing reason. Is there anyting I need to do?

Use of Permissions:

Violation reference ID: Purple Potassium
Violation: Requesting but not using the following permission(s):
    contextMenus
    tabs
    storage

Xijian Yan

Apr 9, 2021, 3:56:30 AM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, rob...@gmail.com, Xijian Yan

Roberto Oneto

Apr 9, 2021, 4:58:20 AM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, xiji...@gmail.com, Roberto Oneto
It was a joke :-)
Have you just checked if you are really using these permission?
If I remember correctly, "localStorage" doesn't need the storage permission unlike chome.storage.local.
Also try replacing "tabs" with "activeTab" and check if the extension still works.
For "contextMenu" there is no doubt; if you use a context menu you have to grant that permission in manfifest.
I hope somehow I have given you some good advice

Xijian Yan

Apr 9, 2021, 7:10:50 AM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, rob...@gmail.com, Xijian Yan
Thanks for your advice.  I did do some tests, and I am sure that my extension needs contextMenus and storage permissions, without them it will fail to load.
  • contextMenus: chrome.contextMenus.creat, echrome.contextMenus.update, chrome.contextMenus.removeAll
  • storage:  chrome.storage.local.get, chrome.storage.local.set, chrome.storage.onChanged.addListener
And about the tabs  permission, I am not really sure. Without the tabs permission, my extension loads successfully, but some functions do not work well. It seems that it can't get the tab.url from the callback of chrome.tabs.get

I think I was misled by the email, the email does not seem to point out the permission which is really unnecessary.
I would do more search and tests, and thanks for your advice again. : )

Xijian Yan

Apr 9, 2021, 7:19:05 AM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, Xijian Yan, rob...@gmail.com
But the document says "However, if you require access to the urlpendingUrltitle, or favIconUrl properties of tabs.Tab, you must declare the "tabs" permission in the manifest". Maybe I should mention the APIs I use in my extension when I submit my extension.

Roberto Oneto

Apr 9, 2021, 7:54:25 AM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, xiji...@gmail.com, Roberto Oneto
It then appears that you are right across the board.
If you access properties such as the url then it is also legitimate to request permission: "tabs".
It would seem that there is nothing left for you to do but submit a specific request indicating the same reasons you described to the support team.
Or try resubmitting the extension indicating (if you have not already done so), in the relevant text areas, the reasons why you need each of these permissions.

Владимир Янкович

Apr 9, 2021, 1:28:54 PM4/9/21
to Chromium Extensions, rob...@gmail.com, xiji...@gmail.com
The fact that your extension stops working without some kind of permission is not proof that you need any permission. If the moderator thinks that your functions could be implemented differently, this is enough to reject you. So make sure not only that you need this permission now, but also that you cannot get around this permission without it.

пятница, 9 апреля 2021 г. в 14:54:25 UTC+3, rob...@gmail.com:

Xijian Yan

Apr 20, 2021, 10:04:02 PM4/20/21
to Chromium Extensions, yankovic...@gmail.com, rob...@gmail.com, Xijian Yan
Hi all, it turns out that I made a stupid mistake: I uploaded an item that contains a packed extension but not the source code. I resubmitted a correct item and it got approved. Thanks for all your replies. : )

Chromium Extensions

Sep 19, 2023, 3:14:26 AM9/19/23
to Chromium Extensions, Xijian Yan, yankovic...@gmail.com, rob...@gmail.com
What you do in source code

Xijian Yan

Sep 19, 2023, 3:31:54 AM9/19/23
to Chromium Extensions, Chromium Extensions, Xijian Yan
It was my mistake. I uploaded the binary package of my extension instead of the source code.  😂

Chromium Extensions

Sep 19, 2023, 3:36:43 AM9/19/23
to Chromium Extensions, Chromium Extensions, Xijian Yan, yankovic...@gmail.com, rob...@gmail.com
Bro i have 3 rejections
1) Yellow Potassium
2) Purple Potassium
3) Yellow Maenssium

Please help me to live my crome extension

Patrick Kettner

Sep 19, 2023, 10:46:22 PM9/19/23
to Chromium Extensions, Chromium Extensions, Xijian Yan, yankovic...@gmail.com, rob...@gmail.com
Yellow Potassium is given when you lack minimum functionality, Purple Potassium is given when you request what is perceived as excessive permissions, and Yellow Magnesium is given when the extension is not working.

You would want to contact One Stop Support (https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/contact/one_stop_support) for questions on how to fix your specific extension.