Manifest v3 webrequest blocking

GG1234

Dec 13, 2020, 8:11:36 AM12/13/20
to Chromium Extensions
Hello,

"When can you use blocking webRequest?

The blocking version of the webRequest API still exists in MV3 but its use is restricted to force-installed extensions only. See Chrome Enterprise policies: ExtensionSettings, ExtensionInstallForcelist."

When I try to test this using "load unpacked" its not working and im getting an error that "webRequestBlocking is only supported in manifest v2" and in the service worker page im getting this error:

Any suggestions? it should work when using "load unpacked" in order for us to test this.

Thanks

GG1234

Dec 14, 2020, 3:21:37 AM12/14/20
to Chromium Extensions, GG1234
Looks like it works when adding the extension to the "ExtensionInstallForcelist"
I think it should also work when using "load unpacked" for testing purposes

Eadan

Aug 11, 2021, 1:39:46 PM8/11/21
to Chromium Extensions, GG1234
Hey, any news on this one?
We are using webRequestBlocking permission for a forced-install extension.
It is extremely difficult to test the extension locally since webRequestBlocking is blocked on manifest v3 for unpacked extension.
Can we give unpacked extensions the same webRequestBlocking capability as forced-install extension has for manifest v3?
Maybe even hide it under some flag.

Tyler Smith

Nov 15, 2021, 1:14:30 PM11/15/21
to Chromium Extensions, Eadan, GG1234
I'm having the same issue. We need to be able to test locally. I've seen vague references to the "ExtensionInstallForcelist" before but never been able to figure out how to manipulate that. Anyone learned anything?

Br Dev

Jun 23, 2022, 6:18:15 AM6/23/22
to Chromium Extensions, angrypen...@gmail.com, Eadan, GG1234
I've created https://crbug.com/1338871 for this issue

Yuan Ho

Sep 15, 2022, 6:21:56 AM9/15/22
to Chromium Extensions, Br Dev, angrypen...@gmail.com, Eadan, GG1234

I am having exactly the same problem. Is there a chrome launch flag which can make chrome treat extensions loaded unpacked as force installed extension?

majid shirazi

Sep 16, 2022, 3:00:54 AM9/16/22
to Yuan Ho, Chromium Extensions, Br Dev, angrypen...@gmail.com, Eadan, GG1234
Hello, I am from Iran, I wanted to give you your telegram address and help me with some programming

در تاریخ پنجشنبه ۱۵ سپتامبر ۲۰۲۲،‏ ۱۴:۵۲ Yuan Ho <tian...@gmail.com> نوشت: