Chrome extension not working for users after publishing new udpate

Lucas Fisher

Sep 19, 2022, 3:18:04 PM9/19/22
to Chromium Extensions
Hi all,

Hoping to get some insight into an issue we are having. I am the maintainer of https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/partnerbeat-extension/obnmlbmmnboojkplhickjhdjelgedgof plugin. We just pushed out a new version of the plugin that underwent a significant refactor, but functionally is mostly with a few new features.

While some users received the new plugin via auto-update and it worked fine, for other it simply stopped working (not disabled just stopped working). While troubleshooting some users just clicked on the icon via the bookmark bar + refreshed the page and that seemed to fix the issue and the plugin ran with the new updates.

Any insight to what is going on here? Would love some help to stop interruption to our users' workflow.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

manifest.json is attached

manifest.json

Robbi

Sep 19, 2022, 3:32:43 PM9/19/22
to Chromium Extensions, lu...@partnerbeat.com
"Welcome to the Thunderdome"  Tina Turner (Mad Max)
"Welcome to the Jungle" - Guns 'n' Roses
or if you prefer, just a simple: "Welcome to the club"