Payment method for extensions on Google Chrome

MaxT35x

Oct 2, 2021, 12:06:24 PM10/2/21
to Chromium Extensions
Hello,
I have a project to develop an extension with a friend, and we ask ourselves the question whether or not we have the right to sell a subscription / integrated purchase, via paypal, stripe or another payment solution?
Or if we are forced to use the Google payment system. Because I've seen lots of extensions that don't use it like Blocksite, 2048 etc.
Thank you for your time.
Regards

Cuyler Stuwe

Oct 2, 2021, 3:11:30 PM10/2/21
to MaxT35x, Chromium Extensions
You actually can't use the CWS payment API anymore, and have to use e.g., Stripe, etc.

MaxT35x

Oct 2, 2021, 3:48:16 PM10/2/21
to Chromium Extensions, salem...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, MaxT35x
Thank you for your feedback Salem.
Have a great day.

Glen Chiacchieri

Oct 3, 2021, 11:56:31 AM10/3/21
to Chromium Extensions, MaxT35x, salem...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions
Yeah, Google deprecated their CWS payments API, but I made a kind of replacement that uses Stripe and gives you a simple API that works for all browsers, not just Chrome: https://extensionpay.com Please check it out and let me know what you think off-list!