How is the new developer.chrome.com built?

Dave Stewart

May 17, 2024, 1:50:06 PMMay 17
to Chromium Extensions
Hello,

I was interested in finding out how the new https://developer.chrome.com site was built, as the documentation is a nice mix of automated and curated.

I found the repo, bit it looks like it is the old one and has been archived:
Is there a new repo that we can look at, or if not can anyone shed any light on how it manages to be so thorough yet human?

What is the implementation of tooling and editorial?

Thanks,
Dave

Jackie Han

May 18, 2024, 12:40:30 AMMay 18
to Dave Stewart, Chromium Extensions
The infrastructures of the website are internal tools that's shared across a number of different teams in Google. So there is no public information.
There is a blog for this migration.

Patrick Kettner

May 20, 2024, 9:35:23 AMMay 20
to Jackie Han, Dave Stewart, Chromium Extensions
Thanks Jackie!

Dave, Jackie is correct. It is now built on an internal system that doesn't have public access. But a large portion of it was just migrated from the github repo that you linked from, so it is largely the same. If you have any specific questions on anything ,feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.

best
patrick