i18n API getUILanguage()

ComputerWhiz

Jan 18, 2022, 1:31:12 PM1/18/22
to Chromium Extensions
Was the getUILanguage() call from the i18n API removed in manifest V3?

I'm migrating my extension to MV3 and I get an exception that the function doesn't exist. However, the documentation page for the API doesn't have any indication that the function was removed.

I've checked the production version of my extension which is still running MV2 and it doesn't have any errors.

Erek Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 4:42:22 PM1/18/22
to ComputerWhiz, Chromium Extensions
It's a problem with those APIs not being available from service workers. If you search the recent archives you can see it `getUILanguage` at least is back as of Chrome 98: