Re: [crx] Getting "This extension may have been corrupted" error for my extension after updating to new version

Message has been deleted

Artem Harutyunyan

Oct 17, 2021, 3:26:30 AM10/17/21
to Code Plugin, Chromium Extensions
Try using CRX Viewer (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-extension-source-v/jifpbeccnghkjeaalbbjmodiffmgedin?hl=en) to inspect the main.crx of the package in the developer dashboard. I had an issue once where some of the files were missing from my extension due to extra './' that was getting added during the archive generation on my build machine (it was borked, but still got published). Not saying this necessarily is the issue in your case, but after inspecting the .crx file you will at least know whether your users are getting what you think they're getting :).

HTH
Artem.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 at 00:11, Code Plugin <codeplug...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

Last week i made small changes and updated the version in manifest from 0.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.2

now many of users are complaining about extension getting corrupted
error - "This extension may have been corrupted"

I tried to repair it, but it just gets removed from extensions tab
if i tried to add it back again, it shows another error "Cannot move extension directory into profile"

Someone please suggest.

Thanks

Message has been deleted