Windows 7/Vista Basic theme

Meok

Mar 18, 2010, 7:08:32 PM3/18/10
to Chromium-extensions
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gedoljloemmlladanecopmigompalajg

The theme linked above should be the default behavior when the Windows
Basic theme is enabled, instead of the XP-ish blue frame. Also, if
Chrome uses the native frame in Windows Vista/7 shouldn't the Basic
frame be automatically applied when Aero is turned off?

PhistucK

Mar 19, 2010, 3:56:41 AM3/19/10
to Meok, Chromium-extensions, Chromium-discuss
Yeah, I, actually, never understood that.
You said you want the browser to match the feeling of the operating system, "yet stand out".
But, on the Classic XP theme, or on the Classic Vista theme, it certainly does not match the feeling of the operating system.
We do not have these big close\minimize\maximize\restore buttons on the Classic theme, we have small, gray ones. The color does not match the color\gradient of the title bar we choose on the Appearance tab of the Display options.
It certainly does not feel like a native application, it feels like a weird interface (that only stands out).

☆PhistucK

Meok

Mar 19, 2010, 7:17:22 AM3/19/10
to Chromium-extensions
I'm not too concerned about Windows XP basic because Chrome doesn't
use the native frame on XP. It uses the native frame on Vista so that
should still apply when the aero is turned off, if it IS in fact the
native frame.

On Mar 19, 4:56 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I, actually, never understood that.
> You said you want the browser to match the feeling of the operating system,
> "yet stand out".
> But, on the Classic XP theme, or on the Classic Vista theme, it certainly
> does not match the feeling of the operating system.
> We do not have these big close\minimize\maximize\restore buttons on the
> Classic theme, we have small, gray ones. The color does not match the
> color\gradient of the title bar we choose on the Appearance tab of the
> Display options.
> It certainly does not feel like a native application, it feels like a weird

> interface (that *only* stands out).
>
> ☆PhistucK
>

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 01:08, Meok <meok...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gedoljloemmlladanecopmigo...

> > The theme linked above should be the default behavior when the Windows
> > Basic theme is enabled, instead of the XP-ish blue frame. Also, if
> > Chrome uses the native frame in Windows Vista/7 shouldn't the Basic
> > frame be automatically applied when Aero is turned off?
>
> > --

> > chromium-extensions+unsubscr...@chromium.org<chromium-extensions%2Bunsubscr...@chromium.org>

PhistucK

Mar 19, 2010, 7:23:46 AM3/19/10
to Meok, Chromium-extensions, Chromium-discuss
It does not use the native frame, ever (except for Aero Glass mode or something - maybe).
Not on the browser window, not on popups, not on the dialogs, never.
At least, that is how it seems to me. Since on Vista with the classic theme, I still get the regular Chrome theme and not something that actually suits my classic theme.

☆PhistucK

Meok

Mar 20, 2010, 12:27:19 AM3/20/10
to Chromium-extensions
Gee, I don't think Chrome's interface can support the classic theme.
If it could they wouldn't have needed to improvise on WinXP. I think
the problem is that the Luna & Classic styles don't support layering
of elements on the title bar, like Aero and Vista/7 Basic do.