Thank you Simeon!

Scott Fortmann-Roe

Jan 24, 2023, 5:02:29 AM1/24/23
to Chromium Extensions
I was very sorry to learn Simeon was impacted by the recent layoffs at Google - https://twitter.com/dotproto/status/1616500210573914112

I want to thank Simeon for all the work he's done over the past couple years answering questions, getting pain points in the platform addressed, and helping solve developer problems.

Simeon, your help has been invaluable supporting Chrome Extension Developers, so I just want to say a big Thank You! 🙏

ghucz...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 5:25:10 AM1/24/23
to Chromium Extensions, sco...@gmail.com
Dear Simeon, if you're reading this.

Thanks so much for all your hard work. I really appreciated it.

You offered a friendly, helpful and human face to Google's browser extension efforts. I found it reassuring that there was someone inside Google that was listening to developers' concerns and representing them - even if those concerns weren't acted on immediately.

Good luck on your future endeavours.

Greg

Jói Sigurdsson

Jan 24, 2023, 9:50:10 AM1/24/23
to Chromium Extensions, ghucz...@gmail.com, sco...@gmail.com
Thanks Simeon!! You will be missed!

geet mehar

Jan 24, 2023, 9:52:20 AM1/24/23
to Jói Sigurdsson, Chromium Extensions, ghucz...@gmail.com, sco...@gmail.com
Thank you Simeon. Seems like the system to identify people for layoff at google isn’t very good.

Regards,
Geet Mehar

leadleape...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 10:50:05 AM1/24/23
to Chromium Extensions
Thank you Simeon.  You have always been an invaluable beacon and welcoming safe harbor during these stormy seas.  You will be missed!

Greg.

nkutc...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 12:22:54 PM1/24/23
to Chromium Extensions, leadleape...@gmail.com
Thank you Simeon for all your support throughout the years!

Artem Harutyunyan

Jan 24, 2023, 5:12:32 PM1/24/23
to nkutc...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, leadleape...@gmail.com
Thanks for everything you've done, Simeon! Hope you will stay part of the community 🫶🏼.

Cheers,
Artem.

--
Co-Founder and CTO bardeen.ai

Ziang Xie

Jan 25, 2023, 2:49:02 PM1/25/23
to Chromium Extensions, Artem, Chromium Extensions, leadleape...@gmail.com, nkutc...@gmail.com
Thank you, Simeon!

All the best,
Ziang

Lu Xu

Jan 25, 2023, 9:09:46 PM1/25/23
to Ziang Xie, Chromium Extensions, Artem, leadleape...@gmail.com, nkutc...@gmail.com
Thank you Simeon! The WebExtension community can not reach today's level without your guys contributions
Thank you, thank you, thank you

glr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2023, 6:20:01 AM1/26/23
to Chromium Extensions, thus...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, Artem, leadleape...@gmail.com, nkutc...@gmail.com, zian...@gmail.com
Thank you Simeon. You are a blessing to this community.

Wishing you the best on your next adventure.
GovZ

Simeon Vincent

Jan 26, 2023, 9:14:21 PM1/26/23
to Chromium Extensions, glr...@gmail.com, thus...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, Artem, leadleape...@gmail.com, nkutc...@gmail.com, zian...@gmail.com
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. While I may no longer be a member of the Chrome team, I'm hoping to stay involved in the world of browser extensions.

As you might guess the past week has been a bit stressful, so I've mostly been trying to relax and disconnect. Starting next week I'm planning to use my extra time to answer questions here, begin drafting some thoughts on how the WebExtensions Community Group should approach future deprecation, work on my personal blog, and generally try to be helpful. Maybe I'll even work on something to help me see when someone @s me in this group 😅

Simeon - @dotproto

P.S. I'm not yet sure if I'll keep posting using my @chromium.org account or if I'll switch over to a personal one. We'll see.