TAKEN DOWN again ;(

Chris Zalcman

May 21, 2023, 6:34:19 AM5/21/23
to Chromium Extensions
Hi everyone. Our extension TAKEN DOWN again (already several times in 12 years) and all times for insignificant reasons.

In any case, we have already corrected current "violations" and if there is anyone from CWS please restore the extension id: abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif
--------
Reason for taken down: Inaccurate Description - Missing info:
Violation reference ID: Red Potassium
Violation: Item's description does not mention the following functionality:
"Donate Feature"
How to rectify: Update your item's description to describe all functionality or remove the corresponding source code from the package

We have added into description that users can donate via extension or our website, but it is not clear why we should describe a donate button/splash as extension feature in the description? Donations is prohibited?
--------
Reason for taken down:  Ensuring Responsible Marketing and Monetization - Impersonation and Intellectual Property:
Violation reference ID: Red Nickel
Violation: Mimicking ranking, performance, current status or promotional information of the following assets "Tile Image" > "Powered By Youtube"
How to rectify: Remove the content that is mimicking

Within ten years period, no one has been embarrassed by a very small inscription in the corner on a large promotional image uploaded to CWS, which, by the way, has not been shown to anyone even once in 10 years ;(

As everyone can see, the reasons for the removal are just complete nonsense. In any case, we have already corrected current "violations" and if there is anyone from CWS please restore the extension, id: abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif

Thx all for reading.  Have nice day!

Deco

May 21, 2023, 6:38:18 AM5/21/23
to Chris Zalcman, Chromium Extensions
I do not agree that these are "insignificant violations", not including details that need to be explicitly addressed in the description is a clear violation, no matter how minor you might think it is. CWS requirements are stringent for a reason and I don't see the provided reasons as unfair or insignificant, they are entirely fair and within reason.

Cheers,
Deco

Chris Zalcman

May 21, 2023, 6:51:12 AM5/21/23
to Chromium Extensions, Deco, Chromium Extensions, Chris Zalcman
Deco,  there are a lot of extensions with a donate button, etc.  that do not describe this as feature in the description, but based on your logic, you will be remove from CWS all these extensions? I consider this complete incompetence, for no good reason to remove extensions with a million users, ten years on the store and with a good rating.

Deco

May 21, 2023, 6:57:30 AM5/21/23
to Chris Zalcman, Chromium Extensions
Whether other extensions have it or not is arbitrary - it is your (and my job) to adhere to CWS guidelines, and they are crystal clear that functionality like this must be clarified.

Cheers,
Deco

Chris Zalcman

May 21, 2023, 7:23:16 AM5/21/23
to Chromium Extensions, Deco, Chromium Extensions, Chris Zalcman
Do you have your extensions in the gallery? Let me take a look and most likely I will find violations, since such policies can be used in any way for anyone, for example, to remove competitors' extensions, which is successfully used by some Google employees and their friends. Believe me, I've been here since 2009, from Chrome start,  and I know what I'm talking about. And if this is your job,  then you are doing it badly ( no offense) , because you do not take into account the human factor at all. The gallery is full of spam and duplicates - they are not removed, via DMCA only (devs need to pay $$$) , but good products taken down for insignificant reasons.  .

JohnnyCee

May 21, 2023, 10:36:29 AM5/21/23
to Chromium Extensions, Chris Zalcman, Deco, Chromium Extensions
Are you looking to vent, or are you looking for advice about how to avoid the issue?

Chris Zalcman

May 21, 2023, 1:58:10 PM5/21/23
to Chromium Extensions, JohnnyCee, Chris Zalcman, Deco, Chromium Extensions
 Extension TAKEN DOWN for insignificant reasons. We have already corrected current violations and if there is anyone from CWS please restore the extension id: abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif

Chris Zalcman

May 22, 2023, 3:09:36 PM5/22/23
to Chromium Extensions, Chris Zalcman, JohnnyCee, Deco, Chromium Extensions
Toda, got TAKEN DOWN again, with the same red nickel again!

In the CWS > store listing  for the item we don't see any Large tile (violation). There are Small 440x280 and Marquee 1400x560 tiles only.
We do not see any Large tile with an "Powered by youtube" icon. How to fix something that doesn't exist?

Violation reference ID: Red Nickel
Violation: Mimicking ranking, performance, current status or promotional information of the following assets
"Large tile image"
"Icon powered by youtube"
How to rectify: Remove the content that is ...

We do not see any Large tile (violation), before we have corrected the Marquee tile with Powered by youtube small icon at the top-right corner.
Where is Large tile with violation?
screenshot 2023-05-22 212931.png
Please restore our extension.

Patrick Kettner

May 22, 2023, 5:14:28 PM5/22/23
to Chris Zalcman, Chromium Extensions, Deco, JohnnyCee
Hi Chris
It sounds like this latest take down was an error. I am getting a bug filed with the abuse team to reinstate your latest draft. Please do not update anything as it will restart the process.

Chris Zalcman

May 22, 2023, 9:19:30 PM5/22/23
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Deco, JohnnyCee, Chris Zalcman
Hi Patrick,

yes, definitely a bug.  After last Taken Down we haven't updated anything.

It seems that reviewers somehow see images from the old CWS UI. As far as I remember there was a Large tile several years ago.
Hope extension will be restored soon, so that we no longer have to explain to anyone how to install crx manually.

Thanks for advance,
Have a nice day!

Patrick Kettner

May 22, 2023, 10:11:07 PM5/22/23
to Chris Zalcman, Chromium Extensions, Deco, JohnnyCee
No problem.

In the future, the fastest way to get help is to open an appeal, rather than post to the mailing list. While there are employees here, none of us have the ability to unblock your extension.
Message has been deleted