Obfuscating Code for Private Chromium Extension Security. Any update on this?

Илья Малащук

Jun 24, 2024, 4:49:43 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions

Hey everyone,

I have a Chromium extension for my clients and I'm looking to obfuscate the code to keep it private. We want to ensure the security of our code. I was wondering if there's a solution provided by Google for this purpose. For instance, it would be great if we could provide Google with the original code, and they could handle the obfuscation for the end user, just same as the "Signing process" currently google use.

Does anyone have any insights or suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 7:26:53 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Илья Малащук, Chromium Extensions
Hi Ilya!
We do not offer that as a service, and in fact it is actually against our policy to have obfusticated code at all. Normal minification and compression is acceptable, and almost always quite effective in making your code difficult if not impossible to keep your code safe.

patrick