Using Firestore + Stripe popup in my extension - yes or no

Connor

Sep 3, 2023, 4:15:50 AM9/3/23
to Chromium Extensions
I am really scratching my head about how I am meant to do payments with chrome extensions.

I have been looking at using Firebase + Stripe (https://extensions.dev/extensions/stripe/firestore-stripe-payments), where inside my extension a user can click "Pay" or something equivalent and a Stripe pop-up will open. Is this, or is this not, allowed according to the chrome docs?

Just a rant, but the lack of a straight forward solution to handle user payment is a massive barrier to me bothering to continue my journey with extensions.

Connor

Sep 3, 2023, 4:18:44 AM9/3/23
to Chromium Extensions, Connor
Additionally, is a payment service like even allowed to be used in my extension?

https://extensionpay.com/

ESUIT DIV

Sep 12, 2023, 6:19:09 PM9/12/23
to Chromium Extensions, Connor
If you're a developer, I don't recommend using extensionpay.com due to the fees issues. Stripe already takes 5% from each subscription user, and extensionpay takes an additional 5%, which is unacceptable for me.

Although I had no prior experience with firebase and stripe, they are actually straightforward. I spent only 2 days using firebase and stripe to build a generic subscription system, which reduced the subscription fee by 5% for each user. Since I started monetizing, this 5% fee has already saved me $200, lol.

eltLeyz

Jun 25, 2024, 1:31:03 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Chromium Extensions, ESUIT DIV
Can you send me a link to see how payment works in the extension?
среда, 13 сентября 2023 г. в 01:19:09 UTC+3, ESUIT DIV: