How to remove this warning from our extension ?

Himanshu Agrawal

Jul 13, 2021, 7:16:12 AM7/13/21
to Chromium Extensions

Screenshot 2021-07-13 164343.png

Himanshu Agrawal

Jul 13, 2021, 7:28:28 AM7/13/21
to Chromium Extensions, Himanshu Agrawal
""This extension is not trusted by Enhanced Safe Browsing "" how can I remove this warning ?

On Tuesday, 13 July 2021 at 16:46:12 UTC+5:30 Himanshu Agrawal wrote:

Screenshot 2021-07-13 164343.png

Simeon Vincent

Jul 13, 2021, 3:24:56 PM7/13/21
to Himanshu Agrawal, Chromium Extensions
"Any extensions built by a developer who follows the Chrome Web Store Developer Program Policies, will be considered trusted by Enhanced Safe Browsing. For new developers, it will take at least a few months of respecting these conditions to become trusted."

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

Himanshu Agrawal

Jul 14, 2021, 1:32:36 AM7/14/21
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, Himanshu Agrawal
Thanks @ Simeon Vincent

Joe Weber

Jul 15, 2021, 12:48:15 PM7/15/21
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, agrawalhi...@gmail.com
Simeon, if an extension is transferred from an established and trusted developer account to a new developer account, will this Enhanced Safe Browsing message still appear to users who install that extension? I'm wondering if the history and reputation of the extension itself factors into what makes a developer account "trusted" or if it's purely about the developer account and the amount of time that it's existed and been in compliance. My company is considering transferring our extension to a new developer account, but we're trying to understand how this Enhanced Safe Browsing feature will impact our users after the transfer.

Thanks!
Joe

Himanshu Agrawal

Jul 15, 2021, 2:02:41 PM7/15/21
to Chromium Extensions, Joe Weber, Simeon Vincent, Chromium Extensions, Himanshu Agrawal
Joe

I had transferred the extension item from a trusted user account to my account, and I made my account last week. So still it is showing warning, but when I turn off the enhanced browsing from my chrome settings section and change it to standard protection, it doesn't shows and warning

Jackie Han

Jul 15, 2021, 2:42:12 PM7/15/21
to Simeon Vincent, Himanshu Agrawal, Chromium Extensions
I feel this is another blackbox to developers.
What role is "Enhanced Safe Browsing" for extensions? A policeman or a judge or an AI assistant?
If an extension doesn't follow the Program Policies, it should be removed, not given a warning.
If an extension follows the Program Policies, warning should not be displayed.
But it gives a warning instead of removing it, like a Schrodinger's cat.
Also, if it is AI, how can developers appeal if it goes wrong?

Robbi

Jul 16, 2021, 8:58:09 AM7/16/21
to Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, agrawalhi...@gmail.com, Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent
The best thing ito do s to switch to another browser

Himanshu Agrawal

Jul 16, 2021, 9:56:07 AM7/16/21
to Robbi, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, Simeon Vincent
Thank you, I will do that. But more than 50% users use chrome