Social login of chrome extension v3 running on local but not working after publish in chrome store

goga

Jan 6, 2023, 5:00:55 AM1/6/23
to Chromium Extensions

After the extension version 3 was published in the Chrome Store, I was having issues with the social login.

  • chrome.identity.launchwebauthflow() and chrome.identiy.getRedirectURL() not exist when login with google in extension manifest version 3.

  • chrome.identity is getting undefined then how to use identity APIs?

  • please see the screenshot for reference

  • Screenshot 2023-01-05 201944.pngScreenshot 2023-01-06 145704.png

  • above Error Message Screenshot

  • we tried with using chrome.windows.create() for redirecting but not getting a token after adding credentials.

  • and also tried registering the app id into the console cloud and also added "identity" permission into the manifest.json file but still getting the same issue.

Stefan Van Damme

Jan 6, 2023, 7:07:09 AM1/6/23
to Chromium Extensions, goga
Hi goga,

Check out this helpful answer with steps to get the Google sign-in working in Manifest V3. This can help you: