How to capture fullpage screenshot using chrome extension

sakthivel c

Apr 29, 2015, 9:02:15 AM4/29/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi,

I have developed extension for chrome browser to capture full page screenshot and it will be stored in my site. The problem is currently i can able to capture only visible page.

anyone have idea to capture full page?.

Haseeb Udeen

Apr 12, 2022, 1:43:26 AM4/12/22
to Chromium Extensions, sakthivel c
Hi, did you find the solution to your problem? I would love to know how you did it, with a code example.
Thank you

Stefan vd

Apr 12, 2022, 5:02:53 AM4/12/22
to Chromium Extensions, hitmano...@gmail.com, sakthivel c
Hi hitmano,

You can use the captureVisibleTab API to get a screenshot of the currently active tab.

See the StackOverflow post:

Thanks,
Stefan vd

Haseeb Udeen

Apr 12, 2022, 7:11:35 AM4/12/22
to Chromium Extensions, Stefan vd, Haseeb Udeen, sakthivel c
Hi Stefan,
Thank you for the help. I got a way to take the screenshot of full webpage (visible and non visible) by html2canvas library. This is really cool :D.

Best,
Haseeb

Stefan vd

Apr 12, 2022, 8:00:05 AM4/12/22
to Chromium Extensions, hitmano...@gmail.com, Stefan vd, sakthivel c
Hi Haseeb,

Great, that you find a solution to your problem. And thank you to share it here.

Thanks,
Stefan vd

D T

Oct 6, 2022, 12:18:14 AM10/6/22
to Chromium Extensions, hitmano...@gmail.com, stefa...@gmail.com, sakthivel c
html2canvas will work but each call will raise CSP errors in MV3 on certain sites.  This is due to the DOM manipulation code it executes like node replaceChild etc.