about mv3 , user script/style, and 'eval' in option page

Chen Hsin Yu

Jan 18, 2022, 7:01:25 PM1/18/22
to Chromium Extensions
I'm a developer and I often modify various websites to suit my needs, because I like fancy IDEs, Typescript and SCSS so I don't use Tampermonkey but develop an extension myself.

this is the extension : Page Mod Loader

I use  Monaco  editor as a text editor, and can compile Typescript/Scss, but it has not been updated for a while.

Recently, when I wanted to upgrade the TS version but I saw the information of MV3,
I know I can append script tag to page to excute user script in target tab.(I don't care if it can pass review , I can set it to private if it can't pass review)

But I searched the Monaco Github, it use eval (no surprise). So is there anything I can do before MV2 stops supporting?