Fake DMCA report what to do?

GroupNinja Official

Oct 6, 2021, 7:44:32 AM10/6/21
to Chromium Extensions
So there is person who copied my chrome extension code and published as his own and put a fake DMCA report to mine now my app is taken down 😔

here is what happend one fine day ali a designer got to know i made some money with my extension he went in copied the code and published it as his own

when i got to know i reported it and it was taken down then he republished it but he refactor the code a little but again it was using my code so reported it

now he went in and did a fake dmca report with a fake name but his other business email because of which my extension is down

my 2000+ customers are facing problem and google email says it will get live in 10 days

seriously anyone can just put a FAKE DMCA report and take any extension down? how is this right 10 days is not a small amount when we are right

its like for google you are guilty just because someone can fill 5 lines

he did not even put any proof in dmca just a random extension link he has no relation with and my extension line and done i am guilty

i firstly hate how web store code is open why google why? because of this i am n o longer working on new extensions because how can i build a business when anyone can copy my work in few simple clicks

but this bussiness i started is something i have spend close to year to improve help customers and understand their needs to build what it is

i need help to get it live again and suggest google to do somehting about this open code i want to build more extensions

please help.

Dream Kuang

Oct 7, 2021, 9:25:10 AM10/7/21
to Chromium Extensions, GroupNinja Official
I also encountered this situation, which really makes it hard to understand.
My extension is token down.