Extension removed for User Data Privacy / Use of Permissions

Thomas Guillory

Feb 10, 2020, 5:06:09 AM2/10/20
to Chromium Extensions
Hello,

Our extension (Dashlane Password Manager, 3M+ users, ID: fdjamakpfbbddfjaooikfcpapjohcfmg) has been removed from the store on Saturday morning.

The reason invoked is User Data Privacy / Use of Permissions. Indeed we are using a very powerful set permissions, but they are needed for Dashlane to work on everywhere. However we are in the dark for the next steps:
- We don't know exactly what permission is causing the problem. Can you be more specific and provide assistance to resolve the issue?
- The extension has been taken down very quickly. We received a first email on Friday (stating that we have 7 days to fix the issue). We reacted instantly by filling the permission justification form and pushing a new version. This apparently had no effect, the extension has been removed 24h hours after. Can you reinstate the extension while we are discussing the issue?

Thanks ahead for your help: we are bringing thousands of new people daily to our extension, and the experience is broken for them at the moment.

Thomas Guillory
Senior Engineering Manager @Dashlane