Extension toolbar hiding newly installed extension Icons

David V

Jun 28, 2020, 1:36:50 AM6/28/20
to Chromium Extensions
The feature which was experimented.

I see this now in my latest update. I assume its launched. As discussed in the group this takes a huge step back in terms of user experience.

In the attached image you say "Use this extension by clicking this icon" but the icon disappears in a second, I am sure its confusing users for sure. Is this experimental feature now available for all the users?

Many extensions doesn't need an icon visible but for many icon the functionality depends on this. This will be really confusing.
Pasted_Image_28_06_20__11_03_AM-2.jpg