Removed from the Chromestore

Henry

May 22, 2024, 11:07:29 PMMay 22
to Chromium Extensions
Hello,

We got our extension completely removed from the chromestore.

I haven't gotten an email about which rule was broken or anything?
We spent a lot of time and effort switching to MV3.

Can someone please help us?

Thanks!

Stefan Van Damme

May 24, 2024, 1:54:16 PMMay 24
to Chromium Extensions, Henry
Hi there,

As a Google Developer Expert, do you have permission to use the BBC trademark? Upon review, I see no mention of permission to use the BBC trademark or copyrighted images. Additionally, there is no clear description of what the extension does. Is it a VPN Chrome extension? Also, avoid the use of brand names (BBC iPlayer, ITVX & Channel 4). If it supports multiple websites, try to provide a website link and mention it on that website. Please endeavor to explain it better and more clearly for new users.

A good tip is to read the best practices on the Chrome Developer documentation page. This page provides guidelines for designing a high-quality extension and Chrome Web Store listing:

Thanks,
Stefan vd