Exception occurred in file 'env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/webdriver_manager/drivers/chrome.py', line 64: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'.

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan

May 28, 2024, 1:30:54 AMMay 28
to Chromium-discuss, Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan, rohit vhatkar, ro...@cloudxchange.io

I am using pyhtml2pdf for converting HTML to PDF which has a requirement of Chrome headless.

converter.convert(f'file:///{path}', pdf_file_path)

When the server is run as python manage.py runserver there is no issue.

But when the django is run as a service it throws and error regarding split with chrome.py :

Exception occurred in file ‘/var/www/myProject/env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/webdriver_manager/drivers/chrome.py’, line 64: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘split’.

Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan

May 28, 2024, 2:48:46 AMMay 28
to Chromium-discuss, Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan, Anjanesh Lekshminarayanan, rohit vhatkar, ro...@cloudxchange.io

As a quick fix ...

This function in /var/www/myProject/env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/webdriver_manager/drivers/chrome.py was causing the issue :

def get_latest_release_version(self):

I gave a return value right after entering this function return "125.0.6422.112"

Query : Apparently chrome tries to self-update which was possibly failing to do so on my Ubuntu server ?