Low JsHeapSizeLimit for Chrome 118 on MAC OS X

Raghavendra R M

Nov 5, 2023, 3:04:15 PM11/5/23
to Chromium-discuss
Hi All,
We are seeing very low JsHeapSizeLimit allocated for Chrome on Mac OS X machine.

For one of our customer, all of the users have identical hardware - Mac with 8GB installed memory. For ~70% of the users JsHeapSizeLimit is 2.17GB only. For rest of the users, its 4.29GB.

We are trying to understand the basics around how JsHeapSizeLimit is calculated and allocated to browsers. What affects this value? Is it based on parallel desktop applications running or based on some settings or configuration?

Is there any way to force this to 4.29GB for all users?

Your help is highly appreciated in understanding this further!

Thanks,
Raghavendra