Google Chrome Keep showing "ERR_FAILED" after upgrade to windows 10-could not access to any website

Andrew

Aug 11, 2015, 10:26:27 AM8/11/15
to Chromium-discuss

I have been trying to figuring out a way to solve the problem for this whole day, but the problem still persist even after I uninstall and reinstall chrome,  the problem I mean can be seen at above photo that I posted, I facing this problem soon after I upgraded to windows 10, I cant access to any of the web by using google chrome browser, I have it enough already. pls provide me an effective solution to that problem.

Thanks, Hope to get reply as soon as possible

PhistucK

Aug 11, 2015, 11:23:09 AM8/11/15
to xmed...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Are you using a proxy? Try disabling it.

Also, when you click on "Details", what does it say?

PhistucK

Andrew

Aug 11, 2015, 9:30:19 PM8/11/15
to Chromium-discuss

Hi, PhistucK

May I know what proxy is?

and how should I disable it? More importantly,

how do I know if I am using a proxy?

After Clicking the "details" what it can be seen in above picture.

PhistucK

Aug 12, 2015, 2:11:24 AM8/12/15
to xmed...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, net-dev
Go to -
chrome://net-internals/#proxy
And paste the results.

Also, I added net-dev to the discussion (you might want to subscribe to it in order not to get an error when you reply).

PhistucK

xmed...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2015, 3:54:32 AM8/12/15
to net-dev, xmed...@gmail.com, chromium...@chromium.org
Effective proxy settings

Use DIRECT connections.
Source: SYSTEM
Original proxy settings

Auto-detect
Source: SYSTEM

B. D. Reagan

Aug 16, 2015, 2:02:13 AM8/16/15
to Chromium-discuss
Just to say, I've similar issue ... setting not auto-detect due to local network setup, manual, no proxy ... all the Google Chrome varieties work ... but Chromium is often my pref ... thinking maybe something in Win 10 I haven't learned yet about the software control? tried compatibility mode for Win 7 (worked well before the Win 10 upgrade) & some others as well, slight improvement up to the point of the browse ... opens two windows, one like a cmd line which would open briefly then close in previous incarnation of Windows, & the browser window, then after awhile, the message that Chromium is not responding, but cpu usage continues for both windows up to about 20% each... other observations ... still looking for ideas ... was looking at Win 10 developmental software settings, maybe setting somehow that the user (that's me in this case) can choose trusted software ... but also of interest, the html5 methods that previously worked in Chromium are exactly the ones that don't work in Win10 default browser ... maybe install the codecs, didn't migrate? rather doubt that but considering trying ... still, had a specific firewall setting for DNS permission in Chromium in Win7, also ...anxious to see when someone finds solution to this ... waited quite awhile because of cpu usage, too, btw, which suggests the message I got that Chromium was not responding was incorrect, but if responding, then, to what? setup only takes so long, me thinks ,,, ideas appreciated

best regards

B. D. Reagan

Aug 17, 2015, 1:38:55 PM8/17/15
to Chromium-discuss
OK, today I discovered a leftover from the Avant browser which I was looking at awhile back, long ago removed, though I still think it's interesting. After removing the references to that in my AppData directories, well, now Chromium is working again, Version 46.0.2486.0 (64-bit) just installed & is succeeding. FYI, should it be relevant, I copied from someone long ago a firewall rule, call it "Chromium (mDNS-In)" with these characteristics: Protocols and Ports, UDP protocol 7 port 5353, all scopes, Advanced I said all profiles & interfaces with edge traversal blocked, & the rest defaulted.... Maybe that will help someone, dunno. But, moving on to my next issue, now, to move a registered Windows installation to a new disk before the disk is full or failed ... thanks for the answers I got.

B. D. Reagan

Aug 17, 2015, 1:41:11 PM8/17/15
to Chromium-discuss
error correction : UDP protocol number 17 (not 7) ... sometimes a keystroke gets missed.

bayatb...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2017, 7:20:48 AM8/23/17
to Chromium-discuss, net...@chromium.org, xmed...@gmail.com

lmslmo...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2018, 3:19:19 PM10/5/18
to Chromium-discuss, xmed...@gmail.com
Quero entrar no gmail e no face e não consigo.

abdulbadii

Oct 6, 2018, 7:25:49 AM10/6/18
to Chromium-discuss, xmed...@gmail.com
Get its chromium-based par

cross check with another browsers, more is better

kosit la-orngsri

Nov 4, 2018, 3:13:04 AM11/4/18
to Chromium-discuss, xmed...@gmail.com
ทุกวันนี้การใช้งานก็มีปัญหาบ่อยไม่อิสระเหมือนก่อน

เมื่อ วันอังคารที่ 11 สิงหาคม ค.ศ. 2015 21 นาฬิกา 26 นาที 27 วินาที UTC+7, Andrew เขียนว่า:

Jon Perryman

Nov 4, 2018, 10:56:17 PM11/4/18
to chromium...@chromium.org
You did not expand the details. Please click on the details hyperlink and give us details about the error. It will probably won't help much but it's worth a try.

Does this problem occur for all websites (e.g. google.com)?

Have you tried another web browser?

Try the usual network tools. nslookup www.msn.com?  ping www.msn.com? trace route www.msn.com?

Regards, Jon.