set custom homepage

nyi nyi thann

Mar 4, 2024, 3:30:59 PMMar 4
to Chromium-discuss
Many individuals are inquiring about displaying a different URL upon Chromium startup than google.com, yet no solution seems available. 😂

PhistucK

Mar 4, 2024, 3:42:25 PMMar 4
to nyiny...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Are you saying this option does not work (copy and paste in the browser address bar) in Chromium?
chrome://settings/?search=open+a+specific
Or are you talking about the new tab page? For that, you can install an extension that overrides the new tab page.

PhistucK

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 8:30 PM nyi nyi thann <nyiny...@gmail.com> wrote:
Many individuals are inquiring about displaying a different URL upon Chromium startup than google.com, yet no solution seems available. 😂

nyi nyi thann

Mar 5, 2024, 9:58:21 PMMar 5
to Chromium-discuss, PhistucK, Chromium-discuss, nyiny...@gmail.com

Thank you for your response.

To clarify, I am referring to the new tab page. Upon compiling and launching Chromium, the new tab defaults to the Google search page. I am interested in learning how to modify this to a custom page directly within the source code, rather than using an extension.

PhistucK

Mar 6, 2024, 4:00:35 AMMar 6
to nyiny...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I am not going to be able to look into this until tomorrow evening at least (no guarantees even then), but searching for new_tab (and/or newtab) via source.chromium.org and following references will probably get you there.

PhistucK

PhistucK

Mar 7, 2024, 6:04:49 PMMar 7
to nyiny...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss