Error while trying to build Chromium

Gal Aviezri

May 6, 2022, 3:59:14 AM5/6/22
to Chromium-discuss
Hi all, i hope i can find answers here;
I'm trying to build chromium as explained in the readme
but im encountering this error(see attached photo);

thanks in advance for any tips and guidance

chromiumerror.jpg

Alan Screen

May 6, 2022, 1:23:27 PM5/6/22
to g.av...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss

Diego Porras

May 6, 2022, 1:36:20 PM5/6/22
to awsc...@chromium.org, g.av...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Solution to your issue: Get windows SDK.  I did this by installing in a fresh VM and then copying to my main system where I was compiling chromium.
Windows SDK errors like this  happened a million times for me. For some reason the installation of the SDK via visual studio and the standalone installers imply won't work... soo keep trying until you have all of the header files and stuff

---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chromium-discu...@chromium.org.

Gal Aviezri

May 11, 2022, 2:21:39 AM5/11/22
to Chromium-discuss, dporra...@gmail.com, Gal Aviezri, Chromium-discuss, awsc...@chromium.org
ok i have updated SDK.
now a different error comes up when running
```
gn gen out/default
```

chromi_balagan.jpg