Incognito questions.

The M-man

Dec 9, 2010, 11:03:04 PM12/9/10
to Chromium-discuss
I've seen a lot of conflicting information and need a definitive
answer.

My questions are; while browsing in incognito mode, what exactly is
logged on my computer?
Where is the cache stored?
and finally
Does it record my history and cache and then delete it on exit?

The M-man

Dec 9, 2010, 11:40:20 PM12/9/10
to Chromium-discuss
Also, is the history and cache recoverable?

Intubista

Dec 10, 2010, 5:00:42 AM12/10/10
to Chromium-discuss
You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in
your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other
traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito
window. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be
preserved, however.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers,
or software. Be wary of:
• Websites that collect or share information about you
• Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you
visit
• Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free
smileys
• Surveillance by secret agents
• People standing behind you

Learn more about incognito browsing here:
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95464&hl=en-US

Intubista

Dec 10, 2010, 5:16:25 AM12/10/10
to Chromium-discuss
Chrome application data in Windows XP:
%USERPROFILE%\Local settings\Application data\Google\Chrome

Daniel Wagner-Hall

Dec 10, 2010, 6:06:53 PM12/10/10
to Chromium-discuss
Everything is kept in memory. It may be possible that some of this is
paged out onto you hard drive, but it won't hang around. The point of
incognito mode is that nothing is written to disk, everything is kept
in your RAM. Your non-incognito cache will be loaded, but nothing
extra saved.