Is it possible a task of timer can't be scheduled

xiaofeng zhang

Jun 27, 2022, 6:02:28 AM6/27/22
to Chromium-discuss
Hi chromium base experts,

I am using chromium base, and create and runs a timer in a SequencedTaskRunner.
But I find a bug that maybe cased by "the task of timer not scheduled periodically",because the log in the task is not printed. If the function works well, the log is printed periodically.

So is it possible a task of timer can't be scheduled, because cpu load too high or other reasons?

Joe Mason

Jun 28, 2022, 2:53:08 PM6/28/22
to xfzha...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, scheduler-dev
+scheduler-dev for the experts on timers

Gabriel Charette

Jul 5, 2022, 4:51:52 PM7/5/22
to Joe Mason, xfzha...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, scheduler-dev
Did you Start() the base::Timer()? If so, then it all depends on what the SequencedTaskRunner is (i.e. is it running tasks posted to it)

xiaofeng zhang

Jul 11, 2022, 2:32:35 AM7/11/22
to scheduler-dev, g...@chromium.org, xiaofeng zhang, Chromium-discuss, scheduler-dev, Joe Mason
yes,I run the Start() of base::Timer(),and the SequencedTaskRunner actually execute the task one or two times, then it seems not be scheduled again.

Gabriel Charette

Jul 19, 2022, 11:22:25 AM7/19/22
to xiaofeng zhang, scheduler-dev, g...@chromium.org, Chromium-discuss, Joe Mason
Sounds like you're looking for base::RepeatingTimer?