Chromium-based browsers freeze and lag on scrolling (Windows 10)

Manos Zoumpoulakis

Sep 14, 2017, 9:19:01 AM9/14/17
to Chromium-discuss
On my new laptop (Intel Atom x5-Z8530, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, Windows 10 64bit), all Chromium-based browsers (Google Chrome, Yandex, UC Browser, Vivaldi, etc) are freezing and lagging while scrolling on demanding websites like Facebook and Outlook.com. Other browsers, like Firefox and Edge work fast and scroll perfectly.

All browsers are x64 and none of them (even Chromium browsers) use above 60% CPU while scrolling, so there's no bottleneck.
Enabled/disabled graphics acceleration without success.
Tested also in Incognito Mode, nothing changes.
Scrolling using touchpad, USB mouse and keyboard keys.
Checked also Chrome Canary, no luck.

The laptop is a Personal Computer, not registered to any domain/network.

What can I do now? I want to continue use Google Chrome and not switch to another browser.

PhistucK

Sep 14, 2017, 1:15:52 PM9/14/17
to manosp...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK