Remove Not Secure diciture from address bar

LoYarpi

Apr 15, 2022, 10:27:20 AM4/15/22
to Chromium-discuss
Hello,

It's a good idea remove the diciture Not Secure website from the address bar when a website without SSL or TLS is visited.

I think that the warning can appear only when the user is going to compile a form.

Many http website that don't use https are secure but on the address bar of all browsers based on chromium appear writtern Not Secure. That it's not correct.

Thank you for reading.

PhistucK

Apr 15, 2022, 10:31:22 AM4/15/22
to tecnicocomprens...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
> Many http website that don't use https are secure

It is an oxymoron. HTTP on its own is not secure. It is prone to eavesdropping, man in the middle attacks and other vulnerabilities.
Can you elaborate on this point?

PhistucK

LoYarpi

Apr 19, 2022, 4:54:24 AM4/19/22
to Chromium-discuss, PhistucK, Chromium-discuss, LoYarpi
Hello, I've read three answer but now I can find only one. However, I think it's not correct. It's an abuse.  Good websites that cannot afford a TLS certificate or don't want to use a not reliable TLS free provider shouldn't be forced because otherwise appear a "Not Secure" diciture that discredit the website.

PhistucK

Apr 19, 2022, 5:44:01 AM4/19/22
to LoYarpi, Chromium-discuss
Agree to disagree. ;)