How do I debug http/3 (quic) issues?

Jason Hadlock

Aug 28, 2021, 10:08:31 AMAug 28
to Chromium-discuss
We are having a particular issue over vpn accessing our web application where Chrome vLatest (92.0.4515.159) is not successfully upgrading to http/3, times out for ~5-6s, and then degrades to http/2. Chrome successfully performs the upgrade off of the vpn.

Microsoft Edge vLatest successfully performs the upgrade both on and off of the vpn.

Firefox vLatest fails the upgrade on vpn, and the web application ceases to work entirely. Firefox successfully upgrades the connection off of vpn, and the web application functions as expected.

Can I configure chrome to log the details of this particular flavor of network negotiation? I see encouraging signs like Net.QuicSession.MigrateToSocketSuccess here https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/d7da0240cae77824d1eda25745c4022757499131/net/quic/quic_chromium_client_session.cc#L141. But when I enable logging on chrome (i.e., "chrome.exe --enable-logging --v=1"), I don't get any helpful messaging in the chrome_debug.log.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Jason

Ryan Hamilton

Aug 30, 2021, 12:44:08 PMAug 30
to jasonk...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Howdy,

You'll want to collect a NetLog trace of your events. Information can be found here https://www.chromium.org/for-testers/providing-network-details

Cheers,

Ryan

Jason Hadlock

Sep 2, 2021, 5:03:54 PMSep 2
to Chromium-discuss, Ryan Hamilton, Chromium-discuss, Jason Hadlock
Thanks!