Web Audio API AudioContext doesn't output sound when DevTools is open

guest271314

Nov 19, 2023, 3:18:56 AM11/19/23
to Chromium-discuss
I think this has to do with AudioFocusEnforcement flag.

DevTools being open in a document should not be interpreted as the document not having focus.

PhistucK

Nov 19, 2023, 12:55:00 PM11/19/23
to guest...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Under the "Rendering" section, there is an option to emulate a focused page. Does that help?
image.png
PhistucK

On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 8:19 AM guest271314 <guest...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think this has to do with AudioFocusEnforcement flag.

DevTools being open in a document should not be interpreted as the document not having focus.

guest271314

Nov 19, 2023, 1:05:58 PM11/19/23
to Chromium-discuss, PhistucK, Chromium-discuss, guest...@gmail.com
No.

This is a long-standing issue re focus and DevTools.

Ran in to this testing asynchronous Clipboard API when DevTools is open.

There is also the issue that AudioWorkletGlobalScope is uninspectable on Chrome For Testing Version 121.0.6136.0 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Somebody added "Shared storage worklets" in chrome://inspect, no entry for AudioWorklets. This noting is logged to console for the AudioWorklet. Not the request on Network tab, not anything passed to console.log() from within the AudioWorkletGlobalScope. Completely unobservable in DevTools unless we post a message to the MessagePort in top window.

Firefox Nightly 121.0a1 (2023-11-18) (64-bit) prints to the console of the top main window that lanuched the Worklet.