How to suppress "View simplified page? message on Chromium using mobile browsers?

geek0815

May 12, 2022, 2:40:38 PM5/12/22
to Chromium-discuss
Hi,

I have a website created with WIX that when I browse it with Google Chrome Android or Brave Android, displays a popping up message "View simplified page?" to the visitors, which is severely annoying and disturbing the experience of the visitor and also leads to severe problems if answered "yes" since an completely crippled and broken version of the website is displayed in that "simplified page" view.

Customer support of WIX says that they have noticed this happening with some WIX pages and that they collect these websites so to reverse engineer the problem so to find out what exactly it is in those WIX generated websites, that trigger Google Chrome to display that message, since they "don't know the algorithm" on Google's side that triggers it.

But since Brave, too, has this issue, it is clear to me that it is the open sourced code of the Chromium codebase that is responsible for this issue and not any of the proprietory part of Google Chrome's codebase.

So I searched the codebase of Chromium (https://github.com/chromium/chromium) and found this: ./chrome/browser/ui/android/strings/translations/android_chrome_strings_en-GB.xtb:1520:<translation id="96681097142096641">View simplified page?</translation>

Searching for that ID 96681097142096641 unfortunately only found all the other files for the other languages, but not the actual spot of where in the code this ID is called.

Can anyone help me spot the point in the code where the algorithm lives?

Thanks

Dave Tapuska

May 12, 2022, 3:04:24 PM5/12/22
to t...@lautenbacher.biz, Chromium-discuss