Extreme compilation time difference when using a custom clang binary

Farzam Dorostkar

Mar 5, 2023, 2:21:30 PM3/5/23
to Chromium-discuss
Hi all,

I compiled chromium's base_unittests benchmark using the clang binary shipped with the project and it took only a few minutes to compile. But when I use my own clang binary, by setting args.gn as instructed in this document, although the benchmark compiles fine but the compilation takes almost an hour. What is the reason behind this extreme compilation time difference?

I am on a local x86_64 machine running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. Both clang binaries are of version 16.0.0.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Farzam Dorostkar