Help! Permission error when trying to print PDF

Gerry Roston

Jun 28, 2021, 11:52:54 PM6/28/21
to Chromium-discuss

I am running Chromium Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my Windows 7 machine. (Please do not suggest upgrading the OS - that will (hopefully) never happen.)

I went to a webpage, saw something interesting, and wanted to print the page. My default printer is Adobe PDF and it usually works without issue. I clicked on the three dots in the upper right corner of the window, Selected Print, saw a correct preview, then clicked Save. A window popped up so I could pick to where the file should be saved, I selected c:\Users\<username>, and clicked Save.

I was then shown a window that said: <proper path> You don't have permission to modify files in this network location. Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes.

Why on earth don't I have permission? Also, this is a local drive, not a network location! Please suggest some things for me to do to resolve this problem. Thanks.