Issues runnign and debuging own chromium build

David Xanatos

Jun 16, 2024, 12:44:16 PM (3 days ago) Jun 16
to Chromium-discuss
Hello,

I have followed the instructions at https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/docs/windows_build_instructions.md
choosing a stable branch 124.0.6367.61 (also tried other) and the following config: --args="is_debug = false symbol_level=2 blink_symbol_level = 0 v8_symbol_level = 0"
And it built, so far so good, unfortunately now the story takes a turn for the worse.

All the builds I get are very fussy when they would want to run, when I copy the build to a different directory it crashes or hands, 3 processes get spawn one gets suspended and its dead...
And most problematic when I try to run the build inside Sandboxie (https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie) it also crashes or hangs.
Official chrome builds work all fine so the issue is with my builds.

I need to get it to work properly as I need to debug some printer related issues when running in sandboxie, I would greatly appreciate any advice how to solve this problem.

Cheers
David