Cannot Play Netflix Videos

Bruce Zhang

Jul 2, 2021, 3:14:05 PM7/2/21
to Chromium-discuss
Hi,

I have an issue when I try to play Netflix Videos on Chromium in Windows. I got error code: M7701-1003 and information like the screenshot. I tried some methods to enable Widevine and update it to "Widevine Content Decryption Module Version 4.10.2209.1". But it still didn't work.

Do you guys know how to fix this or something related to this issue?

Thanks,

Bruce
MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Bruce Zhang

Jul 10, 2021, 1:24:40 AM7/10/21
to Chromium-discuss, Bruce Zhang
Hi guys,

I solved this issue and want to share my method here.
First you need to make sure Chromium support H264 videos. You can add these two lines in your build arguments.
proprietary_codecs = true
ffmpeg_branding = "Chrome"

For testing, you can go to https://test-videos.co.uk/.

Then you need to install Widevine CDM Plugin. You can follow this link to install: https://chromium.woolyss.com/#widevine
Unzip it and go to \depot_tools\chromium\src\third_party\widevine\cdm. Copy all the contents in this folder and make a new folder called win\x64. Paste all the files from  \depot_tools\chromium\src\third_party\widevine\cdm and paste the unzip thing from zip file here.

After this you need to rebuild Chromium again and add these build agruments:

enable_widevine = true

bundle_widevine_cdm = true

ignore_missing_widevine_signing_cert = false

After you rebuild the Chromium, your Chromium can support protected content playback included Netflix Videos.

Best,

Bruce