Unwanted updates of ReactJS project page titles in Chrome browser history

Mohsen Baqi

Nov 22, 2018, 9:29:25 AM11/22/18
to Chromium-discuss

In my React project, Im using react-router to navigate and different modules to set page titles (such as react-helmet, react-head, etc.)
Page titles are set in nav bar as well, but as you see in attached files, in the Chrome browser history (not other browsers), the titles are updated after navigating to new pages which is a weird behavior. Why the history of the visited pages should be updated at all?

1.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 17.24.31.png

2.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 17.25.39.png

3.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 17.27.02.png

I should mention it's not my first and only experience of facing this issue, I faced this issue even in other projects and in deployed environment!

PhistucK

Nov 22, 2018, 9:53:06 AM11/22/18
to mohse...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
The screenshots are too small and unclear and you did not supply any code to test, but -
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

The Elemans

Jun 19, 2022, 6:08:35 PM6/19/22
to Chromium-discuss, mohse...@gmail.com
Let me ask you a question, how are you integrating Reactjs in your chromium project. i have a similar need but am stuck

PhistucK

Jun 19, 2022, 6:32:43 PM6/19/22
to eleman...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss, mohse...@gmail.com
I believe this was not integrated into Chromium, this is a normal website issue.

PhistucK

---