Re: [chromium-discuss] EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2 works without flag enabled

Message has been deleted

Adam Rice

Jul 19, 2021, 8:47:12 PM7/19/21
to mohr...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Could you file an issue at https://crbug.com? If you respond to this thread with the issue url, it can get triaged more quickly.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 16:50, Marshall Mohror <mohr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just a couple days ago I was looking for a way to profile rendering with WebGL and was disappointed that the timer extensions were disabled due to potential use in rowhammer attacks. I noticed that a PR to re-enable them for developers through the
chrome://flags/#enable-webgl-developer-extensions
flag was just merged though, and waited for Canary 93.0.4571.0 to implement the profiling.

Once I got it working, I quickly noticed that it seems to work without the flag enabled. In fact, it worked even on the Beta build which doesn't have the flag at all. Am I misunderstanding what's supposed to be blacklisted, or is this a problem?

Here's the source I used the extension in
https://github.com/BreadFish64/BreadFish64.github.io/blob/a5c782f267f9edba5893b1c10711121ef29a9898/scaleforce/main.js#L421
and here's a demo page
https://breadfish64.github.io/scaleforce/

The availability of timer results is spotty but that may be my fault for being unfamiliar with web dev. When it has a result it looks like this:
pika.png

Message has been deleted