Chrome blocks saving for downloaded files

Jimmy Bionic

Jun 21, 2024, 1:41:24 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to Chromium-discuss
  Hi there,

I've just updated my Chrome browser to version  126.0.6478.115 (Official Build) (64-bit), which I run on my Windows 10 Home notebook.

The new issue has now popped up as I ain't able to save downloaded files to my harddrive as demonstrated on the below video:

Please let me know if I gotta get rid of Chrome and start using another browser.

Jimmy Bionic

Jun 21, 2024, 1:44:26 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to Chromium-discuss, Jimmy Bionic
Oops. My bad. The reported issue has been already solved.
the problem was due to one of my multiple extensions, namely, the Privacy Badger is now blocking the Central bank of Russia website :devil: So I had to add an exclusion in the settings (check the Disabled Sites tab) to make it work flawlessly again

PhistucK

Jun 21, 2024, 1:48:06 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to jbion...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Interesting. I was going to reply -
The error message clearly says that it has been blocked by the organization, so there is not much you can do about it without asking your administrator to allow you to save those files (your settings will not change things).
Some organisations make sure to block all of the browsers, some do not, so you can try to use a different browser and it might work.

I did not expect an organisation to cause this. It is a bit misleading that an extension you have makes Chrome tell you that something was blocked by your organisation, that might be a bug, but glad you found a way around it.

PhistucK

Jimmy Bionic

Jun 22, 2024, 11:39:35 AM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to Chromium-discuss, PhistucK, Chromium-discuss, jbion...@gmail.com
Actually, that was my personal notebook that belongs to no organisation but me alone

I've got in touch with Privacy Badger development team to clear up the reasons for blocking, so they forwarded their instructions for me to check

PhistucK

Jun 22, 2024, 1:28:24 PM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to Jimmy Bionic, Chromium-discuss
So sorry, I miswrote - "I did not expect an organisation to cause this" was meant to read "I did not expect an extension to cause this". This sounds like a bug, unless the extension uses some managed setting APIs which would make Chrome tell you it is the organisation.

PhistucK