WebGPU

J H (aurorum)

Mar 5, 2023, 2:16:38 PM3/5/23
to Chromium-discuss
I'm getting into BabylonJS, and from the looks of WebGL i think WebGPU is going to be the future of easy access bleeding edge graphical experience. There are examples of BabylonJS enabling VR experiences directly from the browser.. No downloads, no third party game hosting platforms, just code, assets, web browser. This is huge.

I seen that there are a few browsers experimenting with this, Chrome Canary being one of them. Edge, Firefox, and Safari also.

I am very interested in having an open source browser with decent WebGPU support in it's current iteration: https://www.w3.org/TR/webgpu/

Is Chromium on it's way to adopting these newer advances in WebGPU?

Thanks for your careful consideration.