Regarding Rich Entity Implementation

Jin Mori

Oct 23, 2022, 7:29:29 AM10/23/22
to Chromium-discuss
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble understanding Rich Entity implementation. I want to know

1. where we are building omnibox for suggestions we received from the server response.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Justin Donnelly

Oct 24, 2022, 3:10:43 PM10/24/22
to Chromium-discuss, Jin Mori
I just responded to a similar question on chromium-dev, copying below for anyone here interested in my answer.

----

Suggestions from search providers are handled in SearchSuggestionParser::ParseSuggestResults. The display of rich entity suggestions is mostly driven by the presence of an image URL, which is parsed from the response here: https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:components/omnibox/browser/search_suggestion_parser.cc;l=803;drc=e1b46944d0983e6cd972e3f25cbed833c8fcc30c.