gclient sync Fails

PhistucK

Apr 9, 2018, 1:24:20 PM4/9/18
to Chromium-dev
gclient sync fails due to "unstaged changes", but I have none, I think.

Any idea?

I ran the following -
git pull
(It seems to have succeeded)
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src (master) $ gclient sync
Syncing projects:  89% (42/47) src/third_party/libaom/source/libaom

src/third_party/harfbuzz-ng/src (ERROR)
[0:00:07] Started.
Error: 32>
32> ____ src/third_party/harfbuzz-ng/src at 957e7756634a4fdf1654041e20e883cf964ecac9
32>     You have unstaged changes.
32>     Please commit, stash, or reset.
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src (master) $ git commit .
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src (master) $

PhistucK

Brian Sheedy

Apr 9, 2018, 1:26:47 PM4/9/18
to phis...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
The unstaged changes are in third_party/harfbuzz-ng/src, which is a separate repo from src/. cd into that directory and git status should show the unstaged changes.

Peter Boström

Apr 9, 2018, 1:32:11 PM4/9/18
to phis...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
And right email..

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018, 10:28 Peter Boström <pb...@google.com> wrote:
When this happens to me (unknown why) I've just gone into the failing repository which won't be clean and run git reset --hard HEAD and git clean -ffd. These are pretty aggressive (will remove any local changes and untracked files), so ymmv/at your own risk but it usually works for me. After that just run sync again.

PhistucK

Apr 9, 2018, 1:32:40 PM4/9/18
to Peter Boström, Chromium-dev
Thank you. If only it were that easy... It did not work. :(

user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src (master) $ cd third_party/harfbuzz-ng/
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src/third_party/harfbuzz-ng (master) $ git reset --hard HEAD;git clean -ffd
HEAD is now at cb2eb33 Add event handlers to SWAN trigger.
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src/third_party/harfbuzz-ng (master) $ cd ..
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src/third_party (master) $ cd ..
user@967c163ef517:~/chromium/src (master) $ gclient sync
Syncing projects:  89% (41/46) src/third_party/libaom/source/libaom

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018, 10:23 PhistucK <phis...@gmail.com> wrote:

Fabrice de Gans-Riberi

Apr 9, 2018, 1:34:58 PM4/9/18
to PhistucK Productions, Peter Boström, Chromium-dev
That happens to me sometimes too for some reason. In these cases, I rm -rf the responsible repo. It will have to re-download it but it get the job done.

Fabrice

Brian Sheedy

Apr 9, 2018, 1:35:13 PM4/9/18
to phis...@gmail.com, Peter Boström, Chromium-dev
third_party/harfbuzz-ng/ is still in the Chromium repo. You need to go to third_party/harfbuzz-ng/src/.

PhistucK

Apr 9, 2018, 3:48:43 PM4/9/18
to Brian Sheedy, Peter Boström, Chromium-dev
That did the trick.
Gracias!

PhistucK

Gabriel Charette

Apr 11, 2018, 11:52:04 AM4/11/18
to phis...@gmail.com, Brian Sheedy, Chromium-dev, Peter Boström
This happens sometimes when doing a mass search/replace or script on all of src/ and unintentionally modifying a file not in the main repo.

My trick to fix : gclient sync -f
Warning : this will crush any pending changes in other repos.